How to Make Favorite Lamb and Eggplant Casserole for Vegetarian Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, lamb and eggplant casserole. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Lamb and Eggplant Casserole is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Lamb and Eggplant Casserole is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have lamb and eggplant casserole using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lamb and Eggplant Casserole:
- Take Eggplant
- Get 1 large aubergine eggplant
- Get 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Get 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Make ready 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make ready 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Take Lamb and casserole
- Get 1 pound ground lamb
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Get 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Take 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic sliced
- Prepare 1/3 cup diced shallots
- Get 1 pound penne rigata
- Make ready 25 ounces good quality tomato marinara sauce so pasta cooks
- Take 12 ounces water
- Get 29 ounces whole San Marzano tomatoes
- Make ready Cheeses
- Prepare 1 cup cup grated Parmesan cheese in sauce
- Make ready 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese topping
- Get 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Get 8 ounces fontina cheese topping
- Take 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese topping
Steps to make Lamb and Eggplant Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Wash peel and ice the eggplant
- Add to a 9x13 pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast in oven 35 minutes.
- Slice the garlic and shallots heat oil in the frying pan. Add the rosemary, garlic, and shallots to hot oil allow to fry. Get the lamb and add to the spiced oil and begin to brown.
- At this point the pasta is totally uncooked. Add the pasta and whole tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes up
- Now take the marinara sauce add it. Take and fill half the jar with water, and shake jar with lid on it well. Pour into pan and cook till pasta is Al dente.
- When the eggplant is done add some of the mozzarella cheese on top of roasted eggplant, about 1/3 of a cup. Add the 1 cup to the sauce. Stir in well.
- Add casserole on top of the roasted eggplant with cheese on it. Spread it out and add Parmesan on top.
- Get the fontina cheese and break it up into chunks. Add mozzarella cheese on top then spread the fontina chunks over the top. Fontina melts really good. Bake in oven 30 minutes.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food lamb and eggplant casserole recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!