Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Favorite Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian) for Dinner Recipe
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, vegan braised shiitake (vegetarian). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian) is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian) is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have vegan braised shiitake (vegetarian) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian):
- Take 10 pieces (dried weight: 60g) Dried Shiitake mushrooms
- Prepare 12 g Kombu
- Prepare 20 g Soybeans
- Prepare 8 cm (2 g) Kanpyo(dried gourd strip)
- Make ready 30 ml Mirin
- Prepare 30 ml Soy sauce
- Take 1 tsp Grain vinegar or black vinegar
Instructions to make Vegan Braised Shiitake (Vegetarian):
- Dry fry the soybeans (i.e., do not use oil) on low heat until they are light brown. Soak the kombu in water for around 30 minutes and slice it thinly with a kitchen knife.
- Soak the kombu and soybeans in water overnight. In a separate bowl, soak the dried Shiitake mushrooms in water overnight. (Remove the Shiitake stems during the soaking process so the rehydrated Shiitake will become plump.)
- Add water to the kombu/soybean Dashi until there is 300ml of liquid, and add 300ml of Shiitake dashi.
- Add the kanpyo to (3) and simmer it together with the kombu and soybeans for 2 minutes, removing the scum. Remove mixture from heat and let cool.
- Strain the liquid from (4) (300 ml) into a pot together with the Shiitake with their stems removed, and add mirin, soy sauce, and vinegar. Bring to a boil and remove the scum.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Taste the soup and either return it to the heat to evaporate more liquid and concentrate the flavors or add soy sauce to taste.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vegan braised shiitake (vegetarian) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!