Steps to Make Real Fermented Chili Tofu for Dinner Recipe
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, fermented chili tofu. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fermented Chili Tofu is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Fermented Chili Tofu is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook fermented chili tofu using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fermented Chili Tofu:
- Take Hardware
- Make ready 1 Lots and lots of paper towels
- Make ready Ingredients
- Prepare 14 oz block of extra firm tofu
- Prepare Brine
- Get 3/4 cup of spring water
- Make ready 1/4 cup of vodka
- Get 1 tsp of sea salt
- Take 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Take red pepper flakes
Steps to make Fermented Chili Tofu:
- Rinse the tofu under running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Next, we are going to squeeze some extra moisture out of the tofu. Place a paper towel lined colander in large bowl. Place the tofu on the paper towels. Cover with more paper towels. Place a bowl or plate on top of that. Put something heavy on top and press the tofu for 2 hours. Discard any moisture that may have accumulated and pat dry.
- On a large baking sheet, place a layer of paper towels. Cut the tofu into 1/2" squares and arrange on the baking sheet leaving some space in between each cube. Cover with more paper towels.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Let the tofu cubes rest overnight for 24 hours.
- Remove the aluminum foil and the top layer of paper towels. Sprinkle liberally with red pepper flakes. Use as much as you want depending on your taste.
- Combine the spring water, sesame oil, vodka, and salt. Mix well.
- Place the tofu cubes in a 20 ounce container and add the brine.
- Cover and place on a sunny window sill for 3 days.
- Next, let the tofu rest in your refrigerator for an additional 10 days.
- Enjoy with raw veggies, in a stir-fry, as an onigiri filling, or by itself.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food fermented chili tofu recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!