Steps to Prepare Traditional Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) for Diet Recipe
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, spring lentil salad (vegan). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook spring lentil salad (vegan) using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan):
- Make ready 1 cup dry raw green lentils
- Prepare 2 medium sized tomatoes cubed
- Make ready 4-5 shallots chopped coarsely
- Get 1 large cucumber diced
- Get 1 apple (I used red apples)
- Get Few sprigs of mint
- Make ready 2 tbsps finely chopped mint
- Prepare 2 tsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Prepare Few walnuts (as per your liking)
- Prepare Dry chia seeds for garnish
- Prepare 2 medium sized potatoes par boiled and unpeeled
- Make ready 3 cups stock (any flavor)
- Get 2 tsps sweet paprika powder
- Take 2 garlic cloves
- Get Some olive oil
- Take Salt as per taste
- Make ready For the sauce
- Take 3 tbsps good quality Balsamic vinegar
- Make ready 1 tbsp honey
- Prepare 1 tbsp dijon mustard
Steps to make Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan):
- Preheat the oven to 250°C
- While the oven is being preheated, add lentils and stock of your choice on a casserole and cook it for at least 13 mins. Depending on your lentils, you would have to keep a watch. The goal is to cook the lentils al dente. Some lentils like whole moong might take as long as 20 mins until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in an oven tray, place your unpeeled parboiled potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and paprika. Add roughly crushed garlic, a dash of olive oil and give it a nice mix with your hands. Put the potatoes in the oven and let them bake for at least 15 mins.
- While the potatoes are getting baked, you can work on the other ingredients. Take the cubed apples and sprinkle some lemon juice on them and keep them aside in the fridge for at least 5 mins.
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain out the water and leave them out to cool. Once they are nicely cooked down and dried up, throw in all the chopped vegetables and apples. Give it a nice gentle toss and keep your salad bowl in the fridge.
- Take out the potatoes from the oven. Squish them lightly so that they break a little. Throw in a dash of balsamic vinegar and put them back for another 15 mins. You want to cook them until they become crunchy and golden.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together and voila!
- Once your potatoes are baked. It's time to start plating! Toss your salad in a bowl, garnish with chia seeds and nuts. Add the baked potatoes and some mint leaves. Sprinkle some sauce and you won't regret it!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food spring lentil salad (vegan) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!