Recipe of Fancy Chairman Mao&#39;s Red Braised Pork (毛氏红烧肉) for List of Food
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chairman mao's red braised pork (毛氏红烧肉). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chairman Mao's Red Braised Pork (毛氏红烧肉) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Chairman Mao's Red Braised Pork (毛氏红烧肉) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chairman mao's red braised pork (毛氏红烧肉) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chairman Mao's Red Braised Pork (毛氏红烧肉):
- Get 1 kg pork belly, cut into 2 cm pieces
- Make ready 6 slices ginger
- Prepare 3 tbsp sugar
- Prepare 1/2 cup shaoxing wine
- Prepare 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Make ready 1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Take 1 cinnamon stick
- Get 2 star anise
- Get 4 bay leaves
- Make ready 1 dried chilli (optional)
- Make ready 2 scallions, chopped
Instructions to make Chairman Mao's Red Braised Pork (毛氏红烧肉):
- In a saucepan, put the pork and three slices of ginger. Add just enough water to submerge it all. Bring to a boil, covered, on high heat, and once it boils reduce heat to low. Let simmer for a minute, then drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a wok or saucepan, put oil and sugar. On low heat, melt the sugar, taking care not to burn it. Mix in the pork, the white parts of the scallions, and remaining ginger. Stir to coat with melted sugar.
- Add shaoxing wine, soy sauce, cinnamon, star anise, bay leaves, and chilli peppers. Cover with water, about 4 cups. On medium-low heat, let it simmer until tender, about one hour, taking care not to let it boil dry.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high, and let the sauce reduce, stirring constantly. The sauce should become a reddish brown glaze on the meat. Add 1 tsp sugar and the green parts of the scallions and stir well. Serve with steamed rice.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chairman mao's red braised pork (毛氏红烧肉) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!