Simple Way to Prepare Original Sweet and sour pork for Breakfast Recipe
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, sweet and sour pork. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sweet and sour pork is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Sweet and sour pork is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook sweet and sour pork using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet and sour pork:
- Take 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Get 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Get 500 g pork shoulder, deboned and cubed
- Prepare 1 onion, chopped
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Make ready 1 thumb-sized nub ginger, finely chopped
- Make ready 3 green onions, chopped
- Get 1 green bell pepper
- Prepare 1 sweet bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
- Prepare 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Take 4 tbsp ketchup
- Get 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Get 1-398 ml can pineapple chunks, including juice
Steps to make Sweet and sour pork:
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, a large pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Add the pork and toss until coated thoroughly. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add a good glug of veg oil to a large nonstick pan on high heat. Shake any excess coating off the pork cubes and fry them for 6 to 8 minutes until cooked, dark brown, and crunchy. Remove the cubes to a paper-towel lined plate, and give them a light sprinkle of salt.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and green onion to the pan. Let fry 1 minute, then add the bell peppers and fry another 2 minutes.
- Turn the pan down to medium. Add the rice vinegar, ketchup, soy, chili sauce, and pineapple juice to the pan and bring to a simmer. Stir in the pineapple chunks. Make a slurry from the remaining cornstarch plus a few tbsp water. Stir the slurry into the sauce and simmer 1 to 2 minutes until thickened. Plate the pork and pour the sauce over, or serve the sauce on the side.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sweet and sour pork recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!