Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Original Grandmother&#39;s Buttermilk Cornbread for Healthy Food
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, grandmother's buttermilk cornbread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have grandmother's buttermilk cornbread using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread:
- Make ready 1/2 cup butter
- Take 2/3 cup white sugar
- Take 2 eggs
- Make ready 1 cup buttermilk
- Get 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Take 1 cup cornmeal
- Get 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
Instructions to make Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan. We use a cast iron skillet.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Either leave in pan or pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food grandmother's buttermilk cornbread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!