Recipe of Creative Mexican Cornbread for Vegetarian Recipe
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, mexican cornbread. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mexican Cornbread is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Mexican Cornbread is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have mexican cornbread using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Take 2 eggs
- Make ready 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Take 1 cup buttermilk
- Get 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare 8 oz cream corn
- Take 2 jalapeños, minced
- Make ready 1 cup corn meal, unleavened
- Prepare 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Prepare 2 tsp baking powder
- Take 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tbsp sugar
- Make ready corn meal
- Prepare vegetable oil
Instructions to make Mexican Cornbread:
- Place your cast iron skillet in your oven and pre-heat both to 350°F
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the buttermilk. Then slowly stream in the vegetable oil while whisking constantly.
- Stir in the cheddar, corn and jalapeños and mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn meal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt. Then pause right here if the oven isn't finished pre-heating.
- When your oven has finished pre-heating, its time to finish up. Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and whisk together thoroughly. This is a thin batter so expect it to be runny, but if its too thin sprinkle in a bit more corn meal. I usually add maybe an extra tablespoon or two, depending on how it looks.
- Now we want to work quickly so the cast iron doesn't cool down too much, so put on your oven mitt and grab your vegetable oil. Quickly remove skillet from the oven, pour in just a bit of vegetable oil and quickly swirl it around to coat the pan. Don't skip the sides when you're twisting and turning, but work quickly so it stays really hot. As soon as its coated, pour in the batter. You want it to sizzle around the edges as it goes in so you get that great cornbread crust.
- Now back in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes. When its done it should be golden brown on top and should bounce back firmly if you press down in the center. I turn mine out upside-down on a dinner plate and just serve it that way.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food mexican cornbread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!