Recipe of Fancy Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza for Vegetarian Recipe
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, flatbread/pita bbq chicken pizza. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook flatbread/pita bbq chicken pizza using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Make ready 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Get oil
- Make ready 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- Take 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Get 6 pita or small, round Middle Eastern flatbreads
- Get BBQ Sauce
- Take bag shredded mozarella (You won't need all of it.)
- Take 1/2 red onion, peeled and cut into very thin strips, vertically
- Take roughly 20 stems cilantro, chopped (I use stems and all.)
Steps to make Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Preheat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large pan to high, add chicken to the pan in a single layer. Let it cook undisturbed for 3 or 4 minutes on one side. - - Then add salt and onion powder, redistribute chicken, ensuring that the uncooked side of each piece is touching the cooking surface, then cook another 4 or 5 minutes until all chicken is opaque and cooked through.
- Add 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce and mix to incorporate. - - Turn off heat, let chicken cool, and preheat oven to 435F.
- Toss chopped cilantro and red onions with oil. (About 1 Tablespoon per each.) - - This will give your cilantro and red onions more of a roasted flavor than if you didn't toss them in oil.
- Lightly brush each pita/flatbread with oil and place them on a baking sheet or sheet pan.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce on each pita/flatbread evenly.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Followed by the chicken divided in 6 equal portions. (I know there are only 5 here, but the Hubs had eaten one for breakfast. :P)
- Then top with onions. (As you can see, I LOVE onions. :D)
- Then cilantro. (As you can see, I also LOVE cilantro.)
- Then an optional additional sprinkling of mozzarella to hold the toppings in place once the cheese melts.
- Bake for 15 minutes, switching racks halfway to make sure each pan gets the same type and intensity of heat exposure. - - That's it! Enjoy. :)
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food flatbread/pita bbq chicken pizza recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!