Step-by-Step Guide to Make Perfect Red braised pork for Types of Food
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, red braised pork. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Red braised pork is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Red braised pork is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have red braised pork using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Red braised pork:
- Prepare 1-2 lbs Skin on Pork belly
- Take Shaoxing wine (cooking wine)
- Prepare Ginger
- Get Green onion
- Prepare Sugar
- Make ready Salt
- Make ready Oyster sauce
- Prepare Fish sauce
- Take Sichuan peppercorn
- Get Star Anise
- Take stick Cinnamon
- Prepare leaf Bay
- Make ready Ground white pepper
- Make ready Corn starch slurry for thickening if needed
Steps to make Red braised pork:
- Torch the skin until it's blackened to make sure all the hair is removed, and then scrub off the charred part. The skin will have a yellow / red tinge afterwards.
- Add cold water to a pot, enough to cover pork. Cut pork into preferred size (1.5 in cube) Add shaoxing wine (about 1/2 cup), ginger (about 1 inch knob and sliced), green onion (1 stalk). - Boil and skim off foam. Remove pork and discard water.
- Wash pork in hot /warm water to remove any foam.
- Make caramel (can use caramel coloring soy sauce to replace this step) - Add small amount of oil to work, add sugar (about 3 tbsp). Keep stirring while heating up, until sugar melts and the will turn into caramel fairly quickly. Add pork to coat the caramel on pork. (Watch for oil splatter)
- Add one star anise, 1 in piece of cinnamon, about 1-2 tsp Sichuan peppercorn, 1 bay leaf, 2 in knob of ginger (sliced), 2-3 stalks of green onion and white pepper. Stir until fragrant, then add soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and shaoxing wine, and enough water to cover pork.
- Bring the wok to a boil, skim off any foam that is still there, and then keep it at rolling boil for another 15 minutes. This step will make sure the pork will absorb the coloring and turn red.
- Put everything in pressure cooker and cook on high for 35 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Remove all pork and sieve through the braising liquid to remove all spices and ginger/green onions.
- Put pork and braising liquid to wok, high heat to reduce the liquid to a thicker sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste (mostly needs more sugar. There should be plenty of salt in fish sauce and soy sauce)
- Once the liquid is thickened, time to eat.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food red braised pork recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!