Recipe of Traditional SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN for Lunch Food
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, split pea soup, vegetarian or vegan. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook split pea soup, vegetarian or vegan using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN:
- Prepare 1 lb split peas
- Take 6 large carrots
- Get 5 stalks celery
- Prepare 1 medium-large leek with dark green top removed and discarded
- Take 1 large (not gigantic) onion
- Take 4 tablespoons olive oil Or unsalted butter
- Prepare 2 teaspoons salt
- Make ready 9-10 cups water
Steps to make SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN:
- Small chop or large dice all vegetables.
- In Dutch oven (large pot) heat olive oil or unsalted butter to medium-low
- Sautee veggies slowly about 12 minutes until cooked down slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Add split peas, water and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cook 75 minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food split pea soup, vegetarian or vegan recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!