Recipe of Ultimate Brad&#39;s red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree for Vegetarian Recipe
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree using 28 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree:
- Prepare For the ox tail
- Make ready 4-6 large pieces of ox tail. I had almost 2 lbs
- Take Seasoned salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder
- Prepare Ground coriander
- Prepare 2 + 2 tbs canola oil
- Prepare 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- Take 2 tbs minced garlic
- Take 2 cups beef broth
- Get 1 cup red wine, I used cabernet sauvignon
- Make ready 1/2 bunch Italian parsley
- Prepare For the reduction
- Make ready 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- Make ready 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced into bight sized pieces
- Take 2 tbs butter
- Make ready 1 tbs garlic
- Make ready 1/2 cup cream sherry
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon
- Prepare 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- Prepare 2 tbs brown sugar
- Get 1 cup drippings from the ox tail
- Get For the cauliflower puree
- Make ready 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Make ready 1 lg head cauliflower, remove core and separate florets
- Prepare 4 cups beef broth
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Sea salt and white pepper
- Make ready 3 tbs butter
- Make ready Drizzle of heavy cream
- Get Bourbon barrel aged cheese, or whatever cheese you like
Instructions to make Brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree:
- Place ox tail on a plate. Coat well with spices on both sides. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with 2 tbs oil. Brown ox tail on both sides
- At the same time, my one pot has a saute mode. I like using this before I pressure cook because it gets everything good and hot. Heat one pot on saute mode with 2 tbs oil. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and red wine to the one pot. Bring to a simmer. Add the ox tail to the one pot and lay parsley on top. Seal and pressure cook for 70 minutes.
- Next, get a small frying pan. Heat on medium. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan until golden. Stir often. When done, set aside.
- The next two steps take about 20 minutes, so time accordingly with the cooking and decompress time of the pressure cooker.
- In a large sauce pot, add cauliflower and cover with beef broth. Bring to a simmer covered. Simmer until stalks are very soft.
- At the same time, heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots, portobello, and butter. Saute until shallots start to caramelize. Add garlic, and saute for 2 minutes. Add both wines, vinegar, and brown sugar. Let liquid reduce by at least half, maybe more. Turn to low and wait until ox tail is done.
- When ox tail is done, and the lid is safely off of the pressure cooker, add 1 cup of the broth from the oxtail to the reduction. Turn heat to medium high, and reduce by half again.
- At the same time, drain cauliflower. While still hot, add butter. Use an immersion blender to whip together. When well blended, slowly add cream and blend until mixture is light and smooth. This doesn't take much, I used less than a 1/4 cup. Season to taste.
- Plate the cauliflower in a shallow bowl. Shred some cheese over the top. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Add oxtail to one side. Spoon reduction over the top of the oxtail. Garnish with minced chives. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food brad's red wine braised ox tail w/ cauliflower puree recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!