Recipe of Homemade Seafood Stew for Lunch Recipe
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, seafood stew. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Seafood Stew is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Seafood Stew is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have seafood stew using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Stew:
- Prepare 2 Tbs olive oil
- Make ready 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and thinly sliced (fronds reserved)
- Take 1 onion, chopped
- Make ready 2 large carrots, chopped
- Take 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Take salt and pepper
- Get 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Get 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Make ready 1 lemon
- Take 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
- Make ready 8 cups vegetable broth
- Prepare 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Prepare 1 lb raw baby scallops, thawed and patted dry
- Get 1 lb raw shrimp, thawed, cleaned, peeled and patted dry
- Get Naan or Flatbread (optional)
Instructions to make Seafood Stew:
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the fennel, onion, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, and the red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Peel a 1-inch-wide strip of zest with a vegetable peeler. Cut the rest of the lemon into wedges. Add the tomatoes, their juices, the broth, the potatoes, lemon zest strip, 1 tsp salt, and the remaining 1/2 tsp pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lemon zest strip. Season the scallops and shrimp with salt. Remove the just simmering soup from the heat, and stir in the seafood. Stirring softly until all the seafood turns opaque.
- Grill your naan or flatbread for a slight char. Top soup with fennel fronds and serve with naan and a lemon wedge.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food seafood stew recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!