Steps to Prepare Iconic Diabetic Carrot Muffins for Lunch Food
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, diabetic carrot muffins. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Diabetic Carrot Muffins is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Diabetic Carrot Muffins is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook diabetic carrot muffins using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Diabetic Carrot Muffins:
- Get muffins diabetic
- Prepare 3 eggs
- Take 5 tbsp canola oil
- Make ready 1 cup buttermilk
- Make ready 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Make ready 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- Get 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Get 1/4 cup warm honey
- Get 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots, packed)
- Prepare 1/2 cup raisins
- Get 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Take 1 tbsp chopped ginger root
- Take 1/2 cup chopped nuts (black walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts)
- Make ready 1 tbsp orange zest or lemon zest
- Take 1 tsp baking soda
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 tsp allspice
- Get 1 tsp baking powder
- Take 1 tsp vanilla
- Take 1 tbsp each of allspice and sugar mixed together (topping)
Instructions to make Diabetic Carrot Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tins with muffin papers and lightly spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and buttermilk.
- Carefully add the remaining ingredients except for the allspice-sugar topping.
- Stir until just combined; do not overwork the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops lightly with the allspice-sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the tops are golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food diabetic carrot muffins recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!