How to Prepare Ultimate Brad&#39;s chicken and sausage gumbo for Healthy Recipe
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, brad's chicken and sausage gumbo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have brad's chicken and sausage gumbo using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo:
- Make ready 3 lbs chicken thighs with bone and skin
- Get Seasoned flour to dredge chicken
- Make ready 1 lg yellow onion, chopped
- Prepare 1 red & 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Take 6 celery stalks, chopped
- Get 8-10 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Take 10 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Get 1 1/2 cups cream sherry
- Take 1 1/2 cups shortening
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups flour
- Make ready 10-12 cups water
- Make ready 1/3 cup granulated chicken bouillon
- Take 1 tbs dried oregano
- Prepare 1 tbs smoked paprika
- Get 1/2 tbs white pepper
- Make ready Cajun seasoning to taste. I like it spicy so I used a fair bit
- Make ready 1 pkg frozen okra
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 lbs andouille sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Get 4-6 cups prepared white rice
- Get Gumbo filé
Instructions to make Brad's chicken and sausage gumbo:
- Place seasoned flour into a lg ziplock bag. Add chicken and seal. Shake well to coat evenly. Heat canola oil in a lg frying pan just under medium heat. Fry chicken covered until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
- In the same pan, reserve 2 tbs of the chicken grease. Add onions, peppers, and celery. Fry on medium heat until onions are translucent.
- Meanwhile in a lg Dutch oven, melt shortening on medium heat. Add flour and mix thoroughly. Stir almost constantly until the roux becomes almost a chocolate brown and smells very nutty. This takes a while, but is the base Flavor of the dish. If it starts to smell burnt. Start over.
- Add tomatoes and garlic to the onion mixture. Keep frying until about half of the liquid from the onions evaporates. Add sherry. Bring to a simmer until half of that liquid evaporates.
- When the roux is done it will be a nice caramel color. Slowly add the onion mixture to it. Continue to stir constantly. Add water and mix thoroughly. Add the fried chicken, bouillon and spices. Bring to a simmer and simmer for an hour uncovered. Stir every 5-10 minutes
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Add okra and sausage. Simmer for another 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, plate rice off to one side. Add gumbo to the bowl, and top with a chicken thigh. Sprinkle a little gumbo filé on top and serve immediately. Enjoy.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food brad's chicken and sausage gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!