Easiest Way to Make Ultimate GUMBO! By Tam for Vegetarian Recipe
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, gumbo! by tam. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
GUMBO! By Tam is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. GUMBO! By Tam is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook gumbo! by tam using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make GUMBO! By Tam:
- Get 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Prepare 2 pounds large uncooked shrimp - peeled and deveined
- Get 1 package Andouille sausage - cut into about 1/2 inch slices
- Make ready 1 can diced tomatoes
- Make ready 2 cups frozen or fresh okra
- Prepare 1 large onion - diced
- Make ready 1 green bell pepper - diced
- Prepare 3 stalks celery - diced
- Take 2 bay leaves
- Prepare 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Take Your favorite Cajun seasoning (I use my own house recipe)
- Make ready Minced garlic
- Take 1 cup flour
- Make ready 1 cup crisco, lard OR bacon fat (I use bacon fat)
- Make ready 2 large cartons Swanson Chicken Broth
- Get Gumbo File Powder
Instructions to make GUMBO! By Tam:
- Season chicken thighs to your liking. I usually use salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt. Once seasoned, pan sear them, about 7 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. Deglaze the pan with a little chicken broth or water. Set aside.
- Now it’s time to make the Roux. This is the most important step of creating a great gumbo. In a large Dutch oven, heat bacon fat (or lard/crisco). Slowly add flour while continuously stirring. It’s going to seem like it takes forever, but you want the roux to eventually be deep brown in color BUT CAREFUL NOT TO BURN! If you burn the roux, you must start over!
- Once your roux is the perfect shade of brown, stir in garlic, onions, green pepper, and celery.
- Stir in 1 carton of chicken broth and the pan drippings from the chicken thighs.
- Add chicken thighs, sausage, can of tomatoes, and okra
- Add more chicken broth until the contents are covered
- Mix in your Cajun seasoning. I never measure this, I just sprinkle a good bit to taste. Throw in a couple bay leaves and Thyme sprigs
- Let simmer on low-medium for 1-2 hours.
- Use a fork or spoon to gently shred the chicken thighs(if they haven’t completely broken up in the cooking process)
- Add uncooked shrimp at the very end.
- Serve with hot buttered white rice. Add a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce and a sprinkle of gumbo file powder. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food gumbo! by tam recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!