Recipe of Original Cajun Red Beans and Rice for Breakfast Food
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, cajun red beans and rice. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cajun Red Beans and Rice is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Cajun Red Beans and Rice is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cajun red beans and rice using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Red Beans and Rice:
- Take 400 g red beans
- Take 1/2 kg Andouille or Kielbasa sausage, sliced into rounds
- Get 6 strips bacon
- Make ready 1 onion, chopped
- Take 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Take 1 tsp thyme
- Take 1 tsp ground sage
- Prepare 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 4 cups chicken broth
- Get 1/4 cup vinegar (apple cider or red wine)
Steps to make Cajun Red Beans and Rice:
- Soak the beans overnight in water.
- With medium heat, heat oil in a large pot and fry the onions until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and bacon, fry for another minute.
- Add sausage, red beans, Cajun seasoning, thyme, sage, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Skim off the scum from the top. Let simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vinegar and mash beans slightly with a spoon. Serve over hot steamed rice.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food cajun red beans and rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!