How to Prepare Authentic Cajun Shrimp Pasta for Breakfast Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, cajun shrimp pasta. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Cajun Shrimp Pasta is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cajun shrimp pasta using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
- Prepare 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- Take 1/2 lb andouille sausage
- Prepare 3 tbsp cajun seasoning
- Make ready 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Get 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Prepare 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Make ready 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Prepare 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Prepare 1 – 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Take 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- Prepare 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Take 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Get 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Prepare 12 ounces fettuccine
- Prepare Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Get Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, for serving
Instructions to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
- Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
- Toss shrimp with 1 – 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning and coat well - Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or so until starting to curl - Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two and then remove to a plate and set aside
- Drizzle pan with a little more olive oil, add sausage and brown until nicely caramelized, about 4 – 5 minutes - Remove to plate, set aside
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until al dente
- Lower heat to medium and add another good drizzle of olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, thyme, smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, brown sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until onion and pepper have softened a bit, scraping up any browned bits that you can
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan, simmer a couple minutes
- Add cream and stir to combine, bring to a simmer - Once simmering, add cooked pasta and andouille sausage and stir to combine and heat through, 2 – 3 minutes
- Add more chicken broth or cream if it seems dry or you’the like more sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste and then lastly, add blackened shrimp and combine, or place shrimp on top of pasta
- Sprinkle with some more freshly cracked black pepper, grated Parmesan and chopped parsley
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food cajun shrimp pasta recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!