Steps to Make Homemade Chicken Fajitas for Diet Food
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken fajitas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Fajitas is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Chicken Fajitas is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken fajitas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Fajitas:
- Prepare 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Make ready 2 tbsp oil
- Take 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1/2-1 tsp ground chili (adjust to your desired spice preference)
- Make ready 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb (650 grams) chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- Get 3 large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow)
- Make ready 1 onion thinly sliced
Steps to make Chicken Fajitas:
- Slice chicken into strips
- In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through. Cook for about 8 minutes. Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char.
- Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest
- Cut peppers and onions into strips
- Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken strips and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream and chopped cilantro
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken fajitas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!