Steps to Prepare Favorite Steamed Mussels for List of Food
Hey everyone, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, steamed mussels. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Steamed Mussels is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Steamed Mussels is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook steamed mussels using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Steamed Mussels:
- Get 5 lbs fresh mussels
- Get 1/2 cup white wine (pinot grigio works the best)
- Take 6 cloves garlic
- Make ready 5-6 shallots
- Prepare 1 tbsp oil/butter
- Make ready Red pepper flakes or crushed red peppers (for tasting or more if you like a little kick)
- Prepare Salt for tasting
Instructions to make Steamed Mussels:
- Wash the mussels under water
- Finely slice the shallots and garlic
- Heat up the butter/oil in a pan on med-high heat
- When the butter is melted or the oil is heated up, put in the shallots and garlic. Cook them until it's fragrant.
- Put the mussels in with the wine. Stir to combine. You may need to lower the heat down to medium.
- Put a lid on top and let them steam for 5 mins. After 5 minutes, you should see the mussel shells opening up. Stir them a bit to mix it up.
- Put the lid back on and let them steam for about 2 mins and stir again. Do this until all the mussel shells are all open. The mussels are cooked when all their shells open up.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes on top and serve while hot.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food steamed mussels recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!