Recipe of Homemade Red beans and rice with smoked sausage for Vegetarian Food
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, red beans and rice with smoked sausage. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Red beans and rice with smoked sausage is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Red beans and rice with smoked sausage is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have red beans and rice with smoked sausage using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Red beans and rice with smoked sausage:
- Get Cup diced celery
- Get Cup diced yellow onion
- Prepare Cup diced green pepper
- Make ready 4 large garlic minced
- Get Whole pack Cajun/smoked sausage sliced
- Take 32 oz chicken stock
- Make ready 4 Bay leaves
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Make ready 4 tbsp butter
- Take 2 cans red beans drained
- Get 6 tbsp flour
- Get Hot sauce to taste (I prefer crystal or zatarains)
Steps to make Red beans and rice with smoked sausage:
- Add 4 tbsp butter and a glob of oil. Add veggies and sweat down until really soft, remove and set aside.
- Wipe pot down and add 2 tbsp of oil and sear sliced sausage until rendered then remove with slotted spoon and retain oil in the pan
- Add 4 tbsp butter to the pot and simmer lightly. Slowly add flour 1 tbsp at a time and make a dark chocolate roux. This method takes time and constant attention and whisking. If it starts to smell like slightly burned popcorn it's fine but if you have ever burned a roux then you will know it's time to start over.
- Add veggies and simmer until slightly thickened(5 to 10 minutes)
- Add chicken stock and stir until incorporated and then add sausage, beans, Cajun seasoning, bay leaves and bring to a simmer
- Simmer low covered but cracked, for about an hour and then check for seasonings, salt to taste but I only did a few grinds of salt (add 2 to 3 tbsp of hot sauce at this time)
- Lightly smash some beans and low simmer for another 15 minutes and serve.
- Serve with rice and top with green onions and crusty bread on the side
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food red beans and rice with smoked sausage recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!