Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Real Creamy Tomato Soup for Vegetarian Food
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, creamy tomato soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Creamy Tomato Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Creamy Tomato Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook creamy tomato soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Tomato Soup:
- Prepare 4 Tbsp Olive Oil Divided
- Prepare 1 Can (32 oz.) Whole San Marzano Tomatoes
- Get 6-8 (@1.5 lbs) Ripe Fresh Tomatoes (I used Romas)
- Prepare 1 Large Onion Divided
- Prepare 4-6 Cloves Garlic Divided
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Take 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Take 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves (or 1-2 tsp Dried)
- Make ready 1 tsp Sugar or Coconut Sugar (Can omit if Tomatoes are Sweet)
- Get 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
- Get 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Prepare Salt (To Taste)
- Make ready Black Pepper (To Taste)
- Get 2 Tbsp Butter (Optional) (For Flavor, Richness, Creaminess)
- Make ready 1/2-1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan (Optional)
- Get 2-3 tsp Concentrated Tomato Paste (Optional)
Instructions to make Creamy Tomato Soup:
- Preheat Oven to 425°
- Mix Fresh Roma Tomatoes (Halved Lengthwise), half of the Onion (1/2" Slices), 2 Cloves of Garlic (Whole or Halved), 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, and Salt and Pepper on a baking sheet. Roast, in one even layer, for about 25 Minutes or until they develop color.
- In a large soup pot, add the other 2 Tbsp Olive Oil. Add the other half of the Onion (Diced), the Thyme, Red Pepper Flakes, and a little salt, cook over Med Heat until soft and a golden color develops. Add other 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced), cook another 1 - 2 Minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the Canned San Marzano Tomatoes and Chicken Broth. Turn up heat to Med High, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to Medium again, and simmer for about 20 Minutes. Tomatoes should be soft enough to start breaking down with fork. Add Basil, Sugar, and roasted Tomato/Garlic/Onions, simmer for another 5 - 10 Minutes. I like to squish the roasted garlic into a paste before I add it in. Remove Basil (If fresh), and season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- Using a heat safe regular blender or an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth, then sift through a strainer. Add strained soup back to soup pot, and turn heat to Med. Simmer for a few minutes, then add the Heavy Whipping Cream. Add Parmesan, Butter, and Tomato Paste, if using. Taste for seasoning. Stir and serve.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food creamy tomato soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!