Steps to Make Exotic Umeshu - Japanese plum wine for Breakfast Food
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, umeshu - japanese plum wine. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Umeshu - Japanese plum wine is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Umeshu - Japanese plum wine is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have umeshu - japanese plum wine using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Umeshu - Japanese plum wine:
- Take 1 kg green plum (unripe)
- Take 500 g white rock sugar(crystallized sugar)
- Make ready 1800 ml distilled spirits called “white liquor” (vodka can be substantiated)
Steps to make Umeshu - Japanese plum wine:
- To sanitize a glass jar, pour boiling water in the jar, drain well and air dry.
- Wash plums gently, remove hulls with a bamboo stick, and dry well with paper towels one by one. Please make sure the plums are dried well otherwise the moisture of plums will cause growing mold in the jar.
- I recommend using rock sugar for making plum wine. It takes time to dissolve and that means it helps to extract the flavors from the plums at a slower pace.
- To make plum wine, we need distilled spirits at 35% alcohol by volume. - In Japan, A kind of distilled liquor called White Liquor is commonly used for plum wine. Vodka can be substitute for white liquor if you cannot find it in your country.
- Layer the plums and the sugar alternately in the jar and pour over white liquor.
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool, dark place. You can start drinking Umeshu after it’s been resting for at least 6 months. You need to be a little patient but it is worth waiting! - Give the jar gently shake everyday to mix sugar and the liquor well for the first month. Better to write the date you started on the jar so that you can remember when the plum wine gets drinkable!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food umeshu - japanese plum wine recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!