Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Exotic Mike&#39;s Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans &amp; Rice for Lunch Recipe
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, mike's crispy cajun legs over red beans & rice. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's crispy cajun legs over red beans & rice using 46 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice:
- Prepare ● For The Chicken
- Prepare 6 Oversized Chicken Drumsticks [rinsed - patted dry - trimmed]
- Get ● For The Chicken Marinade
- Make ready 2 (14.5 oz) Cans Swansons Chicken Broth [with sodium]
- Take 1/2 tbsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Make ready 1 (8 oz) Can Crushed Tomatoes [with herbs]
- Get 1/2 tbsp Granulated Garlic Powder
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- Prepare 3 Dashes Red Pepper Flakes
- Get 4 Dashes Louisiana Roasted Garlic Or Louisiana Regular Hot Sauce
- Get 1/2 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- Make ready 2 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- Take 1/2 tbsp Granulated Onion Powder
- Take 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp Dried Chives
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- Prepare 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- Take 1/2 tsp Sea Salt [optional - taste test marinade first]
- Make ready ● For The Crispy Dry Coating
- Make ready 1 Box Your Favorite Chicken Coating [we used Progresso & Panko]
- Prepare 1 tsp Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- Get 1/2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- Take ● For The Red Beans & Rice
- Get 1 Pound Fine Chopped Precooked Andulie Or Boudin Sausage
- Take 1 (7 oz) Pkg Tony Satcheres Red Beans & Rice [a great cheater!]
- Make ready 1 tbsp Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- Get 1 tbsp Louisiana Roasted Garlic Or Louisiana Regular Hot Sauce
- Prepare 3 (14.5 oz) Cans Low Sodium Chicken Or Beef Broth [or mix them]
- Prepare 3 Bags Uncle Ben's Pre-steamed White Rice
- Make ready 1 (14.5 oz) Can Drained Can Kidney Beans
- Take 1/3 Cup Fine Chopped Vidalia Onions
- Prepare 1/3 Cup Fine Chopped Celery [with leaves]
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Fine Chopped Orange Bell Pepper [de-seeded]
- Get 1/4 Cup Fine Chopped Green Bell Pepper [de-seeded]
- Make ready 1/4 Cup Fine Chopped Red Bell Peppers [de-seeded]
- Get 1 (10 oz) Can Hunts Crushed Tomatoes With Herbs
- Get 2 Dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- Take 1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Get 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper [+ reserves]
- Prepare 2 Dashes Liquid Smoke [not extract]
- Get ● For The Breads
- Prepare Regular Or Jalapeño Cornbread
- Prepare ● For The Kitchen Equipment
- Prepare 1 LG Lifted Baking Rack
- Get 1 Medium Frying Pan
- Make ready 1 LG Cooking Pot
Steps to make Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice:
- Here's what you'll need for your Cajun Chicken in steps #1 and #2.
- Louisiana Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce pictured.
- Marinate your dethawed chicken legs for 3+ hours in the fridge. Flip and massage legs occasionally.
- Create your dry chicken coating.
- Press chicken legs into your dry seasoning and place on a lifted [important] greased rack. Add additional Cayenne Pepper to chicken. We always do. Bake at 400° for 45 to 60 minutes. Check occasionally for any signs of burning.
- Sauté your vegetables in a minimal amount of oil until translucent in a pan. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat your broth with your spices. Bring to a simmer. Mix well.
- Add everything else to your broth. Break up your precooked rice. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir regularly.
- Serve with cornbread and Louisiana Hot Sauce. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mike's crispy cajun legs over red beans & rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!