Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Exotic Healthy Jambalaya for Vegetarian Food
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, healthy jambalaya. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Healthy Jambalaya is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Healthy Jambalaya is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook healthy jambalaya using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Jambalaya:
- Make ready 3 cups brown rice I use Brown Basamati from Aldi
- Take 2 packs Beef Sausage cut into rounds
- Make ready 1 whole onion
- Prepare I finely chopped green belle pepper
- Make ready 2 (4 cups) cans of crushed tomato sauce
- Get 6 cups water
- Take onion powder
- Prepare Louisiana seasoning
- Take salt
- Make ready pepper
- Make ready lawrys garlic powder and parsley seasoning
- Take oregano
Steps to make Healthy Jambalaya:
- Chop onions, belle pepper, and sausage
- In a pot add water, crushed tomato sauce, and rice. Now this is just me I add my seasonings then but I know I'm going to taste toward the end and add more based on taste
- Add chopped onion belle pepper and sausage
- Really simple boil all ingredients for about 2 1/2 hours but this is also just me..brown rice has to cook awhile so I medium cook the first hour slow cook the rest of the time. checking and stirring as I go.
- Once that brown rice rises to the top the first time turn on mid low probably last 30 mins
- After that and you stir and taste and rice is tender it's seasoned we'll to taste turn pot off but let sit for 45 mins with lid on and left over heat the rice will plump more and thicken the jambalaya
- You can do corn fritters to go with it or corn bread
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food healthy jambalaya recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!