Recipe of Real Feast of Seven Fishes V - Halibut Dumplings for Dinner Food
Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, feast of seven fishes v - halibut dumplings. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Feast of Seven Fishes V - Halibut Dumplings is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Feast of Seven Fishes V - Halibut Dumplings is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have feast of seven fishes v - halibut dumplings using 38 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Feast of Seven Fishes V - Halibut Dumplings:
- Prepare Halibut Dumplings:
- Take 58 g Whole Milk,
- Take Unsalted Butter, 22g + 142g
- Prepare 57 g Unbleached All Purpose Flour,
- Take 25 g Eggs Beaten,
- Get 9 g Egg Yolk,
- Get 250 g Halibut Thinly Sliced,
- Get 3 Eggs,
- Make ready 2 Egg White,
- Get 87 g Heavy Whipping Cream,
- Get Pinch Sea Salt,
- Prepare Pinch White Pepper,
- Take Pinch Dried Mushroom Powder,
- Make ready Sauce Homard a la Crème:
- Prepare 36 g Unsalted Butter,
- Take 7 Fresh Lobster Tails With Shell,
- Make ready 1 Red Onion Thinly Sliced,
- Take 1 Carrot Oblique,
- Take 2 Stalks Leeks Coarsely Sliced White Parts Only,
- Take 1 Bay Leaf,
- Get Pinch Dried Thyme,
- Get 1 Handful Tarragon,
- Make ready 1 Clove Garlic Crushed,
- Get 1 TBSP Tomato Paste,
- Get Pinch Smoked Paprika,
- Take Pinch Saffron,
- Get 2 TBSP Cognac,
- Get 125 g White Wine Preferably Sauvignon Blanc,
- Take 345 g Heavy Whipping Cream,
- Prepare Pinch Sea Salt,
- Prepare Pinch White Pepper,
- Make ready Plate:
- Prepare Gruyere, For Grating
- Take Nutmeg, For Grating
- Make ready Pinch Matcha Salt,
- Prepare Pinch Nori Flakes,
- Take Fresh Lemon Zest, 1 Lemon
- Take Fresh Lemon Juice, 1 Lemon
Steps to make Feast of Seven Fishes V - Halibut Dumplings:
- Prepare the dumplings. - - In a sauce pot over medium low heat, add in milk and butter. - - Once the butter has melted, add in flour. - - Stir to combine well and comes into a dough. - - Remove from heat and add in egg and yolk.
- Mix to incorporate well. - - Set aside in the fridge to chill, for about 30 mins. - - Remove the dough from the fridge and transfer it into a food processor. - - Add in the fish and butter. - - Blitz until it comes into a paste. - - Add in eggs and egg whites.
- Blitz until everything is well combined. - - While blitzing, slowly and gradually add in the cream. - - You should have a very smooth paste. - - Season with salt, pepper and mushroom powder. - - Give it a final blitz.
- Grease silicone mold with olive oil and spoon in the paste. - - Level with a spatula. - - Immediately chill in the fridge until ready to use or for at least 1 to 2 hrs.
- While the paste is chilling, prepare the sauce homard a la crème. - - In a sauce pot over medium heat, add in butter. - - Once the butter has melted, add in the lobster tails. - - Saute until the lobster tails are slightly cooked. - - Add in the onion and saute until translucent.
- Add in the carrots and leeks. - - Saute until well combined. - - Add in bay leaf, thyme, tarragon, garlic, tomato paste, paprika and saffron. - - Saute until well combined. - - Deglaze with cognac and white wine.
- Stir in the cream. - - Stir until fully incorporated. - - Season with salt and pepper. - - Bring it up to a simmer. - - Cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Give it a stir occasionally to prevent burning. - - Taste and adjust for seasoning. - - Remove from heat, fish out the lobster tails and pass the sauce thru a fine sieve over a large bowl. - - Discard all the residue. - - Using kitchen sears to remove the shells from the lobster flesh. - - Set the lobster flesh aside and discard the shells.
- Bake & plate. - - Preheat oven to 150 degree celsius or 300 fahrenheit. - - Remove the paste (together with the mold) from the fridge and place onto a baking tray. - - Place the tray into the oven. - - Slowly and carefully, pour hot water into the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 30 mins or until the dumplings are lightly browned and cracked slightly. - - Remove from heat and set aside until cool enough to handle. - - Turn up the temperature of the oven to 175 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. - - You can serve this in 2 ways. You can bake the dumplings on individual plates or in a large casserole dish.
- If you are serving this individually, unmold the dumplings onto each individual plates. - - Do note that the dumplings might not unmold cleanly. It is okay as you will be grating cheese over the top. - - Spoon some of the sauce onto the plate. - - Grate some gruyere and nutmeg over the top. - - Place the lobster tail on the side.
- Wack into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted. - - Sprinkle some matcha salt and nori flakes over the top. - - Grate some fresh lemon zest over the top as well. - - Serve immediately.
- If you are planning to serve on a casserole dish, slice the lobster tails coarsely and distribute evenly across the dish. - - Unmold the dumplings on top of the lobster. - - Pour the sauce into the dish. - - Grate some gruyere and nutmeg over the top.
- Wack into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted. - - Sprinkle some matcha salt and nori flakes over the top. - - To make matcha sea salt, blitz 1 TBSP of maldon sea salt and 1 TSP of matcha powder in a spice grinder until powdery. - - Grate some fresh lemon zest and squeeze lemon juice over the top as well. - - Serve immediately.
- Here's the detailed recipe video: - https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIndD-xF2OT
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food feast of seven fishes v - halibut dumplings recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!