Simple Way to Prepare Perfect Chef Zee&#39;s Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) for Vegetarian Food
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef). One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef) using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef):
- Get Beef brisket or blade steak
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp lite sodium soy sauce
- Get 1 packet sazon
- Get 1 tsp oregano
- Take 1 tsp cumin
- Make ready 2 bay leaves
- Get 1/2 white or yellow onion minced
- Prepare 1/2 cubanelle/italian pepper minced
- Get 5 garlic cloves mashed/diced
- Take Black pepper to taste
- Get 1/2 lemon
- Take 1/2 tsp adobo
- Prepare Drizzle of olive oil
- Prepare Water
- Get Sauce
- Prepare 1 white onion
- Make ready 1/2 green pepper
- Get 1/2 red or yellow pepper
- Make ready 3 garlic clives chopped
- Prepare 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Make ready 1 tsp dry white cooking wine
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups braising liquid (sec above)
- Make ready 2-3 tbs tomato paste
- Make ready Handful os Spanish olives
- Make ready Optional: cilantro
Steps to make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef):
- Cut brisket into medium pieces and place in a bowl. Season beef with black pepper, cumin, ground orégano, sazón, adobo, salsa china (lite sodium soy sauce), minced onions and peppers, fresh lemon juice, mashed garlic, and olive oil. Mix everything until the beef is well coated with seasonings. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Warm oil in pot over medium flame. Once oil is hot, add brisket. Brown brisket 5-10 min on each side.
- Add enough water to cover beef completely in the pot — be sure to add water to mixing bowl first to capture all of the marinade and then add to braising beef. Add bay leaf. Braise beef for 2-3 hours until tender. Add water throughout if necessary. Once tender, remove beef from braising liquid. Shred beef using forks, tongs, or hands. Place shredded beef is a large bowl. Remove & discard all extra fat. In a skillet add olive oil to a med high flame. Add shredded beef and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add braising liquid & simmer for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste & stir until combined. Stew for 5 minutes. Add dry white wine & stew for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic, onions, peppers, vinegar, cilantro, & olives. Mix until well combined. Add red wine vinegar. Let cook until onions reach your desired doneness.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chef zee's ropa vieja (shredded beef) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!