How to Prepare Authentic Shorty&#39;s Red Beans and Rice - Easy style for Types of Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, shorty's red beans and rice - easy style. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shorty's Red Beans and Rice - Easy style is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Shorty's Red Beans and Rice - Easy style is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shorty's red beans and rice - easy style using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shorty's Red Beans and Rice - Easy style:
- Make ready 1 Green Bell Pepper - diced
- Take 3 (15.5 oz) cans Red Beans (rinsed and drained). The cans should be labeled Red Beans (not kidney beans)… Sometimes smaller groceries won't carry this kind of canned bean. You can always substitute dry Red beans (prepped) and use broth instead of water
- Take 4 cloves garlic - minced
- Get 3-4 stalks celery - diced
- Get 1 onion - diced
- Prepare 1 lb Andouille Sausage
- Get 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Make ready 1 bay leaf
- Take 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Get 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Prepare 2 cup water
- Prepare 2 teaspoons Hot sauce (Tabasco or similar) or to taste
Steps to make Shorty's Red Beans and Rice - Easy style:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Dice up onion, bell pepper, and celery into bean-sized bits as indicated above
- Brown andouille sausage over medium/high heat in a separate pan. Should be slightly browned and crispy when done
- Sauté vegetables in olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic half about 5 minutes after beginning to sauté. Continue to sauté until the onions are translucent but not brown.
- Add water to sautéed vegetables.
- Add rinsed and drained red beans to the vegetables and broth
- Add cumin, cayenne, and bayleaf to vegetable mixture
- Bring bean/veggies to a simmer
- After the beans come to a simmer, add a smidgen of water (2 tbsp) to the pan with the fried andouille. Then pour the browned andouille and the juice into to the beans.
- Place your pot of beans covered into the oven on 350F for 45 minutes. Consider starting the rice while this is in the oven
- Begin cooking rice of your choosing (white and plain brown are tastey choices)
- Optional method to thicken the beans: - 10-15 min before done cooking, scoop 1/2 cup of the broth into a cup. Add 1 tablespoon of corn starch, and dissolve in the liquid. Pour back into the pot and allow to cook remaining time.
- Serve over rice of your choosing
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food shorty's red beans and rice - easy style recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!