Easiest Way to Make Original Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops for Vegetarian Recipe
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, mediterranean pasta w/ cajun sacallops. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have mediterranean pasta w/ cajun sacallops using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops:
- Make ready Pasta
- Make ready 1 tbsp kosher salt - plus 1 tsp, divided
- Make ready 6 oz-8oz whole wheat pasta of your choice
- Take 4 cloves garlic
- Take 2 c grape tomatoes
- Make ready 1 can quartered artichoke hearts - (14oz)
- Make ready 1 can whole pitted black olives - (6oz)
- Prepare 3 tbsp olive oil
- Get 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Get 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Take 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice - about 1 lemon
- Prepare 1/4 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Get 1/4 c fresh Italian parsley - chopped
- Make ready Scallops
- Prepare 12 Bay Scallops
- Get Salt & Pepper, to season
- Get Cajun Seasoning, to season
- Prepare 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
Steps to make Mediterranean Pasta w/ Cajun Sacallops:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain.
- While the water boils and pasta cooks, prep your vegetables and remaining ingredients: mince the garlic; halve the cherry tomatoes; drain and roughly chop the artichokes; drain and slice the olives in half.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel on both sides, and season with salt pepper, cajun seasoning. Once the vegetables start cooking, the recipe goes quickly, so you want to be ready.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the tomatoes, garlic, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant and the tomatoes begin to break down and release some juices into the oil, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In another skillet, melt butter under medium high heat. Add the scallops. Let sit for approximately 2-3min and flip when nice and golden brown. Repeat and remove from skillet.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat. Add the artichokes and olives. Drizzle the lemon juice over the pasta. Continue tossing and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until warmed through. If the pasta seems too dry, add a splash of the reserved pasta water to loosen it. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as desired. Remove from heat.
- Toss once more, plate with pasta, and grated parmesan, add scallops, and top again with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mediterranean pasta w/ cajun sacallops recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!