Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Cajun Pasta Casserole for Vegetarian Food
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, cajun pasta casserole. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cajun Pasta Casserole is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Cajun Pasta Casserole is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook cajun pasta casserole using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Pasta Casserole:
- Make ready 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Get 14 oz andouille sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Make ready 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup cut okra
- Take 1 small zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices
- Make ready 16 oz uncooked penne
- Take 1 pint heavy cream
- Make ready 2 quarts water
- Get 4 chicken bullion cubes
- Take 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- Make ready 1/2 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- Make ready 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
Steps to make Cajun Pasta Casserole:
- In large oven safe pot, add olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage, stir. Let it start to brown a bit.
- Add garlic and peppers. Stir until fragrant.
- Add zucchini and okra to pot.
- Add paprika to sausage and veggies in pot. Stir to combine. Cook for just a few moments, then remove from pot and save for later.
- Add water and bullion to pot. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add cajun seasoning and heavy cream to pasta pot. Stir to combine. Bring back to boil. Let sauce reduce.
- At this point, I stirred in about a half of a cup of my cheese into the sauce to let it get a little extra creamy.
- Add the sausage and veggies back into pasta dish.
- Top with remaining cheese. Pop in oven under broiler for about 3-4 minutes, just long enough to give it a light golden crust on top.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food cajun pasta casserole recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!