Recipe of Fancy Jambalaya for Vegetarian Food
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, jambalaya. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Jambalaya is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Jambalaya is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook jambalaya using 16 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Jambalaya:
- Take 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Prepare 300 g uncooked chorizo sausage (the authentic sausage is called and andouille, but if you can find that in the UK please tell us where)
- Get Olive oil
- Prepare 1 onion
- Take 4 celery sticks
- Get 1 green pepper
- Make ready 6 vine ripened tomatoes
- Get 3 garlic cloves
- Make ready 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- Make ready 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- Make ready 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Prepare 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Make ready 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 2.5 mugs full of long grain rice
- Get 5 mugs of chicken stock
- Make ready 6 spring onions, sliced (including the green bits)
Instructions to make Jambalaya:
- Measure out your rice into a pan, and wash the rice by running cold water into it, swishing it around, tipping the water away, then doing it again until the water is considerably less cloudy. Drain the rice and keep ready for later.
- Chop up the chicken thighs into morcels. Season the raw meat with salt and pepper.
- Skin the sausage and chop the into slices or chunks.
- Heat some oil in a large pan and fry the chicken and sausage for a a few minutes.
- Once the chicken is browned and the chorizo has coloured the oil, remove the meat from the pan.
- Fry the onion, celery and green peppers in the lovely chorizo-y oil, until the onion is soft – about 10 minutes.
- While you’re frying, boil the kettle and put boiling water in a pan. In a separate bowl, prepare some iced water. Dunk your tomatoes in the boiling water for about 30 seconds, then remove them and put them in the ice water.
- You should now be able to peel the tomatoes’ skin off. Once you’ve done that, roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Add the herbs and spices into the pan and stir in, cooking for 30 seconds or so.
- Then add tomatoes to the pan and stir in. Cook for a few minutes.
- Put the meat back into the pan, then add the rice. Stir to mix the rice with all the other goodies.
- Now, pour the stock into the pan. Bring it to a simmer, then lower the heat so it doesn’t burn.
- Cook for about as long as the rice packet says it’ll take, usually 12-15 minutes. Stir occasionally, but not too much and not too hard. You don’t want the rice breaking up and turning into a slop.
- While it cooks, chop up your spring onions.
- Once the rice is just tender and the water is mostly absorbed, sprinkle over the spring onion.
- It’s ready to serve. Some people stir in chilli sauce at this point, or if you have some spice wimps in your midst, you could just leave it and let people administer the spicy sauce themselves.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food jambalaya recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!