Easiest Way to Make Iconic Pork Adobo for Diet Recipe
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pork adobo. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pork Adobo is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Pork Adobo is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pork adobo using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pork Adobo:
- Make ready 1-1/2 kilos Pork Country Style (cut accordingly)
- Make ready 1 liter Chicken Broth
- Get 1/2-3/4 cups balsamic vinegar
- Prepare 1 tsp to "1 and a half tsp" Crush black pepper
- Get 2-3 tbsp brown sugar
- Take 1 head garlic crushed
- Make ready 3-4 onions medium to big size
- Make ready 2-3 bay leaves
- Take 1/2 tsp oregano
- Get 1 large green or red pepper
- Take 2 tbsp patis or to taste
- Prepare Ingredients according to how much meat, 1 or 1 and a half kilo
- Make ready 2 tbspToyo (optional)
- Take 2 tbsp Oyster sauce (optional)
- Get Toyo and oyster sauce optional esp when using balsamic vinegar
- Take Banana blossoms (washed and soak in 1 cup water), =optional=
- Make ready LIVER SPREAD can also be added during the simmering
Steps to make Pork Adobo:
- Sautee pork without oil. Let the pork extract its own oil. Don't overdo to the point that it hardens the meat. Achieve a light golden brown color.
- Set aside meat. Sautee garlic and "half of onions". Mix well until combined.
- Put pepper, oregano, bay leaf and balsamic vinegar. And if desired toyo OR oyster sauce. Mix for 2 mins.
- Pour chicken stock.
- Let it simmer for an hour, but check every 15 to 20 mins on the water level. Make sure to reduce water only to a level that there is still enough for sauce.
- Check for meat tenderness. Fats should be jelly-like texture.
- If not yet tender add at least 1/4 cup water, if dried already and continue simmering until tender.
- Add the banana blossoms if desired. It has to be pre-soaked.
- Add green bell pepper. Can also be added half way during the simmering to give different sweet taste to the dish.
- Add water if required. At least 1/4 cup only. And taste if there's a need to add balsamic vinegar.
- After water is reduced, if there's not enough oil. Add olive or canola oil to pan fry the adobo. (twice cook effect to render more fat and make the meat absorb more flavor)
- Add brown sugar half way during the pan fry. Beware not to burn. Don't leave the pan unattended, continue mixing.
- Season with patis. Continue to pan fry until done.
- Ready to serve. Reheat before serving so it won't be greasy.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food pork adobo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!