Recipe of Exotic Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole for Healthy Food
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, low carb chicken enchilada casserole. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have low carb chicken enchilada casserole using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
- Make ready 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- Prepare Chili powder
- Take Garlic powder
- Prepare Adobe
- Make ready Paprika
- Prepare Riced cauliflower
- Take 1/2 cup chopped onion/ 3-4 minced garlic cloves
- Prepare 8 oz sliced mushrooms/ bag of baby spinach
- Make ready 15 oz Black beans
- Make ready 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- Prepare Red enchilada sauce(mild, medium or spicy)
- Make ready packet Sazon
- Take Vegetable broth
- Prepare Roasted corn (frozen, canned, creamed. Whatever you have on hand) (optional)
Steps to make Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole:
- Season chicken breasts with chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, pepper..
- Sear in a little olive oil ( I used the searing function in my ninja foodie but you can do on a grill as well and then cook through in oven.
- Place chicken breasts on trivet and put back in Ninja foodie on pressure cooker setting. Cook on high for 5-6 minutes.
- Shred chicken when cooled.
- While chicken is cooking, sauté chopped onion and minced garlic in avocado oil and add the riced cauliflower to a skillet.
- Season cauliflower with Adobe, salt and a little chili powder. You can spice this to taste. Add 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Remove cauliflower from pan when it is steamed and liquid is absorbed. Consistency should be fluffy.. like rice.
- Clean pan and add remaining oil to pan. Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add sliced mushrooms and spinach. You can really add any vegetables in this step. I season with garlic powder and Adobe.
- Once vegetables are cooked through, transfer to a bowl and sautée chopped scallions and garlic in avocado oil. Add drained black beans and packet of Sazon. Add 1/3 cup of vegetable broth. As beans soften I smashed with a spatula. (You can omit this step and use a can of refried beans as well.) Cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer beans to a bowl and sauté drained corn in the hot pan. Add oregano and a little salt. This is just a quick sauté to heat and crisp corn.
- In a separate pan sauté enchilada sauce. You can make your own sauce for this step of you have tomato sauce on hand and Mexican spices. I will add a link for this recipe. Otherwise I like to use an organic red enchilada sauce.
- Reserve about 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce for later. Add shredded chicken to sauce and cook on a low flame until mixture bubbles.
- Spray a casserole dish with avocado oil and add a layer of cauliflower rice, pressing down to form a base to build your casserole. I used about half the rice mixture.
- Next add the chicken mixture.. about half.
- Next add the vegetable mixture, bean mixture and 1/2 the cheese in layers.
- Add the remaining chicken mixture and top with the remaining riced cauliflower. The corn gets sprinkled on top with the remaining cheese. I also add the reserved enchilada sauce for the top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Broil for the last 5 minutes to toast up the cauliflower.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food low carb chicken enchilada casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!