Easiest Way to Make Iconic Slow cooker 15 bean &amp; ham soup with or without pasta for Healthy Recipe
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta:
- Make ready 1 bag dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet
- Get Optional 👇
- Get 1 tsp. baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight
- Prepare 2 cups diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks
- Get 1 small yellow onion diced
- Get 2 carrots peeled and diced
- Take 2 stalks celery peeled and diced
- Take 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- Prepare 1/4 cup butter
- Take 2 tsp. dried basil
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 4 cups water
- Get 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Make ready 1 (14.5 oz) can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >
- Get tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in
- Prepare 1 tsp. salt
- Take 3 cups chopped kale
- Make ready 1/2 lemon juiced
- Get 2 tsp. hot sauce
- Make ready (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta
- Get Shredded Parmesan cheese
Steps to make Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta:
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it.
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!