How to Prepare Creative Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo for Types of Recipe
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, louisiana chicken and andouille sausage gumbo. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have louisiana chicken and andouille sausage gumbo using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo:
- Make ready To Prepare Chicken
- Prepare 1 whole chicken rinsed and patted dry (I used a 5 lb chicken for this recipe)
- Take 6 quart water
- Prepare 4 bay leaves
- Prepare 1 chicken boullion cube
- Prepare 3 whole garlic cloves
- Prepare 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- Take 1 cup leftover celery stalk trimmings and leaves (I save these for anytime I make a homeade broth, absolutely delicious!)
- Take 1/4 cup unused leftover red onion (I save this too for depth of flavor)
- Get Gumbo
- Prepare 1 shredded chicken
- Make ready 1 lb andouille sausage, sliced
- Take 1 1/2 onions, chopped
- Make ready 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Take 3 celery stalks, chopped
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Take 3 bay leaves
- Take 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- Take 2 chicken boullion cubes
- Prepare 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Make ready Roux
- Make ready 1 1/4 cup canola oil
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Take Sides
- Get 1 hot cooked rice
- Get 1 gumbo file
Instructions to make Louisiana Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo:
- Bring chicken, water, seasonings and veggies to boil in a large stock pot.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and simmmer for up to an hour or until chicken is tender, falling off the bone.
- Remove chicken from stockpot and strain the broth reserving it for the gumbo. Debone the chicken, shred and set aside.
- Take reserved chicken stock and add it back to the stockpot. Add shredded chicken, sausage, veggies, seasonings and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a heavy skillet (I use a cast iron skillet) heat oil on medium high heat.
- Gradually add in flour whisking constantly.
- Note A good roux takes about 30 minutes to make so be prepared to be whisking for a while lol My cajun buddies will tell ya, its done when its 2 beers in! lmao
- Keep stirring until your roux is a dark carmel brown in color. I've added step pics for start, middle and end results for a reference.
- Once roux is finished, slowly add it to your gumbo pot and continue to stir occasionally for another hour.
- Serve over hot cooked rice with gumbo file if desired.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food louisiana chicken and andouille sausage gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!