Recipe of Perfect Mike&#39;s Shrimp Creole &amp; Bayou Swamp Sauce for Breakfast Food
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, mike's shrimp creole & bayou swamp sauce. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mike's shrimp creole & bayou swamp sauce using 35 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce:
- Prepare Creole Shrimp - Sausage - Bayou Swamp Sauce & Supplies
- Get FOR THE SHRIMP BRINE 3 lb Frozen EX Large Raw Gulf Shrimp [shell in - de-veined - rinsed]
- Make ready 4 tbs Kosher Salt & 3 tbs Granulated Sugar [for the shrimp brine]
- Prepare FOR THE BAYOU SWAMP SAUCE 1 large Lemon [cut in half - reserve half for shrimp boil]
- Make ready 3 stick [4 oz] Quality UNSALTED Butter [like Tillamook]
- Make ready 1 lb Pre-Cooked Smoked Andouille [sliced at angle]
- Prepare 1/3 cup Red Tabasco [+ extra to taste]
- Get 1/2 cup Seafood Broth
- Make ready 5 tbsp Jarred Minced Garlic
- Get 1 tbsp Each: Creole Seasoning - Cayenne Pepper - Old Bay Seasoning - Paprika - Red Pepper Flakes - Black Pepper - Onion Powder
- Take 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Get 1 Medium White Onion [chopped]
- Make ready 3 large Stalks Celery [with leaves - chopped]
- Prepare 1/4 cup Chives [chopped]
- Get 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper [chopped]
- Take 1 (12 oz) Bottle Red Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce [for serving]
- Prepare 1/2 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley & Chives [for plate garnish]
- Make ready 1/3 tsp Lemon Pepper
- Prepare FOR THE KITCHEN EQUIPMENT 1 large Pan With Lid 1 Large Pot With Lid
- Get 1 large Plastic Bowl [for brining shrimp]
- Make ready 1 large Strainer
- Take Bread
- Get FOR THE SOPPING BREAD 2 extra large soft Loaf Artisanal Or French Bread [3" thick sliced]
- Take Garlic Butter Mixture
- Make ready FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER SPREAD 2 sticks (4 oz) Unsalted Tillamook Real Butter [room temp]
- Get 1/3 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Take 2 tbsp Puréed Garlic
- Make ready 1 dash Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Get 1 tbsp Each: Dried Parsley & Dried Chives
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Each: Italian Seasoning & Red Pepper Flakes
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp Creole Seasoning
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Lemon Pepper
- Take 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- Make ready 1/2 tsp Paprika [sprinkle optional]
Steps to make Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce:
- Chef's Note: - - Other than the brining process, do not add any additional salt to this dish. The Lemon Pepper, Hot Sauce, Creole and Old Bay Seasonings will each have plenty of sodium within them.
- For shrimp brine
- Add 1 cup hot water, 4 tbs kosher salt and 3 tbs granulated sugar to a plastic bowl. Mix well until completely dissolved.
- Place uncooked, frozen shrimp in bowl and add 4 cups of ice to it. Brine should be at 36° - 40° to be effective. Also, add just enough cold water to totally cover shrimp. - - Your shrimp are now dethawing and brining in this mixture. This method will plump your shrimp and lend that delectable fresh snap to them we all crave. - - Allow shrimp to brine for 2 hours.
- Following brine - preheat oven to 350°
- For vegetables, spices and bayou swamp sauce
- Fine chop bell pepper, celery with leaves, garlic, white onions, chives, parsley and juice half lemon. - - Also, slice pre-cooked Andouille Sausage into bite sized pieces at a slant or angle.
- In a large pan with tight fitting lid, place all other ingredients [except for shrimp, garnishments other lemon half] and simmer 1/2 hour stirring regularly.
- In the last 15 minutes of Step #8, bring your 2nd pot with water and 1/2 squeezed lemon to a very rapid boil. Leave lemon half in pot. - - Add shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain shrimp in strainer immediately and quickly run cold water over shrimp to halt the cooking process.
- Quickly peel shrimp and add to simmering Bayou Swamp Sauce. Let simmer on low for 2 minutes. Your shrimp will absorb the Creole seasonings as they tighten up. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with sides of Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce and garnish plate with fresh chopped Parsley and Chives.
- Chef's Note: Make certain you stir this dish well before serving each bowl. If not, all solid ingredients will sink to the bottom of the sauce pan once motion has stopped. At that point, all the oil from the butter will rise to the top.
- For your garlic spread
- Evenly slice French Bread into 3" thick slices.
- Mix all ingredients in the Garlic Butter Seasoning category together very well. Slightly heat in microwave if need be.
- Place bread on cookie sheet butter side down. Lightly sprinkle bread slices with Paprika for both color and spice if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350° or, until they're crispy and golden brown. Be careful to not over bake.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mike's shrimp creole & bayou swamp sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!