Easiest Way to Make Real Mike&#39;s Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice for Types of Recipe
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, mike's extra spicy red beans and rice. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook mike's extra spicy red beans and rice using 30 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice:
- Prepare RED BEANS AND RICE INGREDIENTS
- Take 3 lb Smoked Pre-Cooked Andouille Sausage
- Prepare 2 box 32 oz Beef Broth
- Get 3 large Chopped Onions
- Get 3 large Green Bell Peppers
- Get 2 large Yellow Bell Peppers
- Make ready 2 large Red Bell Peppers
- Take 8 large Stalks Celery With Leaves
- Make ready 1 Extra Large Minced Bulb Garlic
- Prepare 4 can Drained Red Beans
- Make ready 3 can Drained Pinto Beans
- Make ready 1 can 8 oz Crushed Tomatoes
- Get 3 dash Worcestershire Sauce
- Get 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Prepare 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- Prepare 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Take 1 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Prepare 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Get 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- Prepare 1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- Get 1 tsp Dried Cilantro
- Get 1/4 tsp Celery Seed
- Make ready 1/4 tsp Thyme
- Get 1/4 tsp Sage
- Prepare 3 Bay Leaves
- Prepare 6 small Drops Liquid Smoke
- Prepare 1 large 12 oz Bottle Tabasco
- Prepare 4 cup Chicken Broth [or however much fluid your rice bag calls for]
- Take 4 cup White Rice
- Prepare 1 tbsp Dried Chives
Steps to make Mike's Extra Spicy Red Beans And Rice:
- De-thaw your pre-cooked Andouille Sausage in microwave and cut pieces at an angle 1" long. Place in oversized pot.
- Large chop all of your vegetables and put in your pot.
- Open and drain your beans and place in pot. Reserve 1 can of Pinto Beans just in case you're one to enjoy a creamy texture in your Red Beans & Rice or a thickener. Simply drain beans and smash with a potato masher and place in your oversized pot with your whole beans.
- Add enough Beef Broth to accommodate your pot mixture. Not too much though. This dish should be viscous or a bit thicker upon serving [unless you're serving dipping bread] so you may not need both boxes.
- Add all of your seasonings and a 1/2 of your extra large bottle of Tabasco. Stir and heat.
- Bring your dish to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir intermittently.
- Authors Note: While Crushed Tomatoes aren't indicative to this dish, we find they make an excellent accompaniment!
- Simmer until you think your veggies are well cooked. 2+ hours usually. Continue adding your Beef Broth throughout simmering if this dish becomes too thick.
- In a separate pot, bring your Chicken Broth to a boil. Add Dried Chives and White Rice and cook as per the rice bag's directions. Chicken Broth lends a great flavor to bland rice. You can also use Uncle Bens Boil In Bag Rice. Just omit the Dried Chives and make sure to use Chicken Broth instead of water. You also have the option to place the rice directly in your oversized pot with all the other ingredients or on the side. I'll put the rice directly in my oversized pot if the dish is too thin. That step usually thickens this dish right up.
- Pull out the Bay Leaves. Also, since the flavors of spices can dissipate with long simmer times, I taste test and add usually add 1/4 + more of my Tabasco bottle, Cajun Seasoning, Italian Seasoning, Garlic and Onion Powder. In general, I'll use 10 oz + of a large 12 oz bottle of Tabasco in this dish.
- Simmer another 15 minutes and serve with dipping bread or corn bread and side bottles of Tabasco.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food mike's extra spicy red beans and rice recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!