Step-by-Step Guide to Make Popular Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy for Healthy Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, vegan mashed potatoes and gravy. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have vegan mashed potatoes and gravy using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy:
- Make ready Mashed potatoes
- Get 8 large Russet potatoes (peeled)
- Make ready Soy milk (approximately 1 cup)
- Make ready Salt
- Make ready Gravy
- Prepare 1/3 cup flour
- Take 1 quart vegetable broth
- Make ready Salt
Instructions to make Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While waiting for the water to boil, peel the potatoes and cut each potato into three or four chunks to cook evenly and thoroughly.
- Add potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 20-25 minutes until a fork passes smoothly through the potato chunks
- While the potatoes are cooking, scoop 1/3 cup of flour into a medium pan. Add a small amount of vegetable broth and mix into until you have a fine paste. Keep adding broth and stirring, letting the paste to thin into liquid and making sure no lumps form. Add all but 1 cup of the broth. The gravy will be a little watery and will thicken when it comes to a boil. It is important to add the broth slowly and stir continously so that the gravy isn't lumpy.
- Put the pan of gravy on the stove at medium heat. Stir continuously until the gravy comes to a boil. When it reaches a boil, you will notice the gravy will thicken slightly. If the gravy is too thick, add more broth and stir. If the gravy is too watery, mix a small amount of flour with a small amount of broth in a separate container until a thick liquid forms and there are no lumps. Add small amounts of the flour-broth mixture until you get the consistency you desire. Salt to taste.
- Remove the gravy from heat.
- Strain the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Be careful because the potatoes will be hot.
- Slowly increase the speed of the mixer to high and add small amounts of soy milk and stir the potatoes. Continue adding soy milk and mixing until the potatoes are the desired consistency. Salt to taste.
- Dish out the mashed potatoes and top with a healthy serving of gravy. Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food vegan mashed potatoes and gravy recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!