Steps to Make Original Shrimp Etouffee for Diet Food
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, shrimp etouffee. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shrimp Etouffee is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Shrimp Etouffee is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have shrimp etouffee using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp Etouffee:
- Make ready 2 1/2 lb Wild caught Shrimp
- Take 2 cup Celery
- Prepare 2 tbsp Garlic
- Make ready 1 cup Red bell pepper
- Prepare 4 cup Onion
- Take 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Make ready 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Prepare 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Make ready 1/2 cup green onion
- Take 1/2 cup flour
- Get 1 can diced tomatoes
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Take 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Get 5 dash tobasco sauce
- Make ready 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- Get 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Make ready 1 stick butter
- Get 6 cup prepared white rice
- Prepare 8 oz Clam juice
- Prepare 4 bay leaves
- Prepare 2 cup shrimp stock (or chicken stock)
Instructions to make Shrimp Etouffee:
- First make the roux. Combine butter and flour and melt over medium heat. Stir for 10 to 15 minutes until it turns the color of peanut butter.
- Add celery, onions and bell peppers. Stir frequently for about 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetable soften.
- Add diced tomatoes and garlic, sir, cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add pepper and salt and stir.
- Slowly add in stock and clam juice. Add lemon juice and bay leaves. Stir, bring to soft boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add Cajun seasoning, parsley and green onions. Simmer for 40 minutes stirring often.
- Meanwhile, in last 20-30 minutes cook rice.
- Add shrimp, cook 5-10 more minutes.
- Serve over rice (or mix rice sand étouffée in same pot). Enjoy!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food shrimp etouffee recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!