Recipe of Authentic Hj&#39;s Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup for Diet Recipe
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, hj's slow cooker split pea soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have hj's slow cooker split pea soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Take Soup mix
- Make ready 16 oz Dried green split peas.
- Make ready 2 Ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham
- Take 3 Carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup Onion. Chopped
- Prepare 2 Ribs of celery plus leaves. Chopped.
- Make ready 2 clove Garlic. Minced.
- Prepare 1 Bay leaf
- Make ready 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped, or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- Get 1 tbsp Seasoned salt
- Take 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Take 6 cup Hot water
- Get Optional but delicious
- Prepare 1 cup Andouille Sausage cut into 1/4" rounds
Instructions to make Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone.
- Remove bones and bay leaf. Chop meat into bite sized pieces.
- Mash peas to thicken more, if desired.
- About an hour before you are ready to serve brown sausage and add to soup. if you are going to add this option.
- Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food hj's slow cooker split pea soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!