Steps to Prepare Creative Coffee Bun for Vegetarian Food
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, coffee bun. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Coffee Bun is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Coffee Bun is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook coffee bun using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coffee Bun:
- Take Bread dough
- Get 80 g/ml milk, warm
- Take 4 g (1 tsp) granulated sugar, for yeast
- Get 3 g (1 tsp) active dry yeast
- Make ready 175 g bread flour or high protein flour
- Take 14 g granulated sugar, for dough
- Get 2 g table salt
- Make ready 13 g (more or less) egg
- Make ready 28 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- Take Filling
- Prepare 36 g cold salted butter (can substitute with unsalted butter and sprinkle some salt)
- Take Coffee layer
- Get 6 g (1 tbsp) instant coffee
- Make ready 5 g/ml (1 tsp) hot water
- Take 42 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- Make ready 35 g granulated sugar
- Get 35 g egg
- Make ready 49 g cake flour or low protein flour
Instructions to make Coffee Bun:
- Bread dough: combine warm milk and 4 grams of sugar. Then sprinkle the yeast on top of the liquid and let sit for 5-10 minutes until it gets foamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add the foamy yeast and the egg. Combine well.
- Transfer dough onto a work surface. Add the softened butter and knead until it is fully incorporated. It will be messy at first but as long as we keep kneading, the dough will become less greasy and easier to handle.
- Knead for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth, elastic, and not tacky.
- Coat the dough ball with vegetable oil. Place it in a large bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Let sit for about 1 hour in a warm area until it doubles in size.
- Filling: Divide the cold butter into 6 cubes (6 grams each). Refrigerate until needed.
- Coffee layer: Dilute instant coffee with hot water. Set aside to cool.
- Cream butter until smooth. Add sugar and mix until it is fully incorporated. Mix in the egg, then the coffee solution.
- Add sifted flour and mix just until combined. Transfer the batter into a piping bag equipped with a round tip (0.5 cm in diameter).
- Assembly: Once the dough is doubled in size, punch out the air. Transfer it onto a work surface and divide into 7 equal pieces. Roughly round up 6 of them and set aside with a cover to prevent drying.
- Divide the last piece into 6 equal pieces. Take a piece and flatten it with your palm. Place 1 of the cubed butter filling on the center. Wrap it tight with the dough. Repeat with the rest.
- Now flatten one of the big pieces. Onto its center, place the wrapped butter with the seam side down. Wrap it tight, then place on a tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the rest.
- Cover them and let rise for about 45 minutes until 1.5x bigger in size.
- Pipe a layer of coffee batter onto each bun, in a coil-like pattern. Start from the center and leave about 2.5 cm from the bottom.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 18-25 minutes or until the top is crispy to the touch. Best served when still warm.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food coffee bun recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!