Recipe of Iconic Vegan Jackfruit BBQ for Diet Recipe
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, vegan jackfruit bbq. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vegan Jackfruit BBQ is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Vegan Jackfruit BBQ is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have vegan jackfruit bbq using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Jackfruit BBQ:
- Get 1 Can Young Green Jackfruit Drained
- Make ready 1 Cup Smoky BBQ Sauce (Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe Coming Soon)
- Get 1/2 of a Small Spanish Onion Diced
- Take 1/4 of a Red Bell Pepper Diced
- Get 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Get 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- Take 1 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- Get 1/2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Get 1/2 Cup Lager (The Cheaper the Better)
- Make ready 1 Very Small Pinch of Salt
- Get Black Pepper
- Prepare Olive Oil
- Get Hamburger Buns
Steps to make Vegan Jackfruit BBQ:
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the diced onion and pepper and season with a very small pinch of salt and pepper. Remember that your BBQ sauce is very salty so you do not want to overdo it with the salt. It is just to get them to start sweating.
- Sauté the onion and pepper until the onions begin to turn translucent. When they do, dump in the drained jackfruit and lower the heat to medium-low.
- The jackfruit will likely come in large triangular chunks out of the can. Use a wooden spoon to break them apart as best you can. It might put up a fight, but keep at it! They will soften as you cook, but you want the pieces to be as small as possible.
- When the jackfruit is as small as it will go, add the garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika and mix until everything is coated with the seasoning.
- Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes and then de-glaze with your lime juice. Stir until the strong scent of lime dissapates and then pour in the lager.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and allow the lager to cook off for about 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- As it cooks, the jackfruit will become easier and easier to further break apart with the spoon. Once it reaches the general consistency of pulled pork, add the BBQ sauce and mix in until the whole thing resembles a pan full of pulled pork BBQ.
- Allow to cook in the sauce for another 5 minutes or so before removing from the heat and serving on hamburger buns with a dollop of extra BBQ sauce on top.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food vegan jackfruit bbq recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!