Simple Way to Make Creative Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) for Types of Recipe
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, mexican coffee buns (rotiboy). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook mexican coffee buns (rotiboy) using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy):
- Prepare A. Tangzhong method(*)
- Take 25 g bread flour
- Take 25 g boiling water
- Make ready B. 250g bread flour
- Prepare Above tangzhong
- Take 5 g instant yeast
- Take 50 g sugar
- Make ready 2 g salt
- Prepare 15 g unsalted butter(soft)
- Take 1 egg (50g)
- Get 80 g water
- Take C. Filling
- Make ready 120 g cold unsalted butter(divided in to 8 pcs : 15g*8)
- Get D. Topping
- Take 80 g bread flour, sifted
- Take 80 g melted butter(unsalted butter)
- Take 40 g icing sugar
- Make ready 1 egg (50g)
- Make ready 30 g instant coffee mixed with 30g hot water
Steps to make Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy):
- A. Tangzhong method: Mix flour with boiling water. Cool, cover and chill at least 4h until 24h in the fridge. (*)
- Let the tangzhong dough (*) at room temperature about 30’ to 60’ (depends on weather). Place all (B)ingredients in bowl of standing mixer except butter and knead until it comes together, then add butter, knead until elastic. Cover and let it rise double in size.
- Divided into 8 equal portions. Rest 10 minutes. Put cold butter in the middle of the buns. Cover and let them double in size.
- Make topping: Mix well coffee with melted butter, icing sugar and eggs. Add flour and mix until smooth. Cover and chill in the fridge for later use.
- Preheat the oven at 190oC.
- Once the buns are risen until doubled in size, pipe a spiral onto the buns, covering them as close to the outside edge as possible.
- Bake 15-18 mins until the bottoms are browned and the top has darkened slightly.
- Now it’s done!
- Love it! ❤️❤️❤️
- Fresh day!
- Note: if you have a sourdough starter, using 100g active starter and no need to use commercial yeast. It takes 4h (28oC) to let it double in size. Other steps will be the same. Or you can use 50g unfed starter (discard) and need 5g of instant dry yeast.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food mexican coffee buns (rotiboy) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!