Easiest Way to Prepare Ultimate Pasta Primavera for Diet Food
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, pasta primavera. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Pasta Primavera is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Pasta Primavera is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pasta primavera using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pasta Primavera:
- Make ready 3 tbsp. salted butter, divided
- Take About 2 cups chopped veggies (see step 1 for more details)
- Get 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- Take Salt and pepper
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. salt free all purpose seasoning
- Make ready Zest of 1 large lemon
- Make ready Juice of half large lemon
- Prepare 1/2 cup reserved starchy pasta water
- Get 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + more for topping
Steps to make Pasta Primavera:
- For this recipe, it's pretty versatile, so use whatever veggies you have on hand, just be sure to chop them all to roughly even pieces. Pictured up top, I used yellow squash, broccoli florets, shredded carrots, sliced cherry tomatoes, green onions and peas…just to give an idea. This is a great chance to clean out the veggie drawer.
- Heat a large pot of salted water over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook the penne pasta according to the box directions until it is al dente. Before draining the pasta, reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy water and set it aside, then drain the pasta and return it to the empty pot. While you're waiting on the water to boil, begin to cook the veggies, that way everything should be finished at roughly the same time.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of the butter over medium heat. If you have some heartier veggies, add them to the skillet first (I added my broccoli florets and yellow squash first, to give them a head start), then add more delicate veggies after the heartier ones have had a few minutes to soften up a bit. Once all the veggies are relatively crisp-tender, add in the garlic and season it all with the Italian seasoning, all purpose seasoning and about 1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper.
- Once the veggies are ready, toss them into the pot with the cooked pasta, then top with the remaining butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and grated parmesan. Stir it all together, then drizzle in the reserved pasta water a bit at a time, until the pasta is at a good consistency (I usually end up using closer to 1/4 cup). Taste and season with some more salt and pepper, to taste. Then serve with some additional freshly grated parmesan cheese over the top.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food pasta primavera recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!