How to Prepare Traditional Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin for Breakfast Food
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, coffee-rubbed smoked beef tenderloin. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook coffee-rubbed smoked beef tenderloin using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin:
- Prepare Rub/Marinade
- Take 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Take 1/2 tbsp coarse salt, sea salt
- Make ready 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Get 1 tbsp garlic powder, or 5-6 cloves diced
- Prepare 2 tbsp ground coffee, or instant coffee, espresso powder
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp onion powder or 1/4cup of minced white onion
- Make ready 1 tbsp red pepper flake
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp Hungarian paprika
- Prepare 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Get Meat
- Prepare 3 lb Beef Tenderloin, Roast Beef
- Take apple or pecan wood chips, dry
- Take olive oil
Steps to make Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin:
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, except the Worcestershire sauce, and rub all over the tenderloin till completely covered. Marinate covered in refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or for more flavor marinate over night.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place an oven safe container filled 3/4 of the way with water in oven while preheating for steam and keeping tenderloin moist.
- If using a charcoal grill, place coals mainly to one side of the grill so there's a cool and hot side. Preheat charcoal or gas grill on high. Clean grates very well. Using a paper towel and thongs, rub an olive oil soaked paper towel on the hot grill grates where you will be placing the meat. This prevents sticking of the meat and spices.
- Turn off flame on meat side of grill, or place meat on the cool side of charcoal grill. Place marinaded tenderloin on hot, oiled grill grates. Place the dry apple or pecan wood chips on the hot side of the grill, opposite of the meat. Dash Worcestershire sauce on meat to taste. Close lid and smoke for 20min. Open lid and flip meat. Dash with Worcestershire sauce. Smoke for another 15 min. Remove and take to oven.
- If you have a rib rack, place meat fat side up on baking sheet next to the container or water in the preheated oven.
- Once tenderloin is in 500°F preheated oven, close door, turn off oven and heat and Do Not open for 1-1/2 hr (hour and half)!!! Your oven will act like a Dutch Oven and will slowly cook your cook your meat keeping juices inside the meat. (Bake 30min per pound of meat)
- After cooking time, pull tenderloin out and let rest 10min before cutting. Enjoy!! Slight smoke taste on outside with a subtle, sweet-peppery aftertaste. Can go with so many sides!!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food coffee-rubbed smoked beef tenderloin recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!