Simple Way to Prepare Favorite Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan for Vegetarian Recipe
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, refried beans vegetarian and vegan. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook refried beans vegetarian and vegan using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan:
- Prepare 1 lb dried pinto beans
- Make ready 1 small onion, whole but peel this one
- Prepare 3 cloves garlic, whole don't peel these
- Prepare Salt
- Take Another small onion, peel and rough chop this one
- Get 2 more cloves garlic if small use 3, peel & coarsely chop these
- Take Good tasting vegetable oil that you like
- Make ready Salt and pepper
- Make ready Water
Steps to make Refried Beans Vegetarian and Vegan:
- Soak beans in water to cover overnight. Drain and rinse well. Using fresh water and large pot, cover beans by at least 4 inches of water, bring to boil, add a Tb salt, 1 small onion (peeled but not cut), and 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled. Lower heat, cover, and cook beans until soft, about 90 mins - 2 hours. Drain beans and discard onion and garlic. Do not omit this step. You must remove it all.
- In bowl of lg food processor, add 1/2 of the beans, 2/3 cup water, second onion, & garlic cloves, 2 tsps salt & little pepper. Process to a thinnish pasty mixture. (Next batch will be thicker mixture). Put 1st batch in lg bowl, set aside.
- Second batch will be beans & water only. Put the rest of beans in processor, add 1/4 cup water and process until very thick mixture where you have a choice here to leave it a bit chunky to get a bite or add more water and process until smooth. 2 batches will have 2 different consistencies. Mix both together.
- Heat 2 Tbsps oil in very large skillet. Add beans, stir and cook beans about 15 mins, keep stirring, adding more water if needed to get correct consistency. Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve with anything you like. Tomatoes, diced onions, lettuce, cheddar, sour cream, salsa, chopped chives, olives, jalapenos, candied jalapenos, my new fave, etc.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food refried beans vegetarian and vegan recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!