How to Prepare Real Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce for Breakfast Food
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, red wine braised short ribs in reduction sauce. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook red wine braised short ribs in reduction sauce using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce:
- Make ready 3 lb bone-in short ribs
- Get 2 bacon strips
- Take 3 tbls olive oil
- Get 3 tbls butter
- Make ready 1.5 large white onions chopped
- Make ready 3 carrots peeled- and chopped
- Prepare 2 celery stalks chopped
- Take 2 tomatoes chopped
- Prepare 3 tbls flour
- Make ready 2 tbls tomato paste
- Get 3/4 bottle red wine
- Take 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- Make ready 5 sprigs thyme
- Get 3 sprigs oregano
- Get 3 sprigs rosemary
- Make ready 2 fresh or dried Bay leaves
- Make ready 1 head garlic halved
- Prepare 2.5 cups low sodium beef broth
Instructions to make Red Wine Braised Short Ribs in Reduction Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 215°.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat Dutch oven on med low heat and add bacon strips. Cook the fat out of the bacon without burning the bacon.
- Remove bacon strips and store for snack later. Keep bacon fat in Dutch oven, add butter and set heat to med high.
- Brown short ribs on all sides, if needed work Browning multiple batches if necessary, cook should be about 8 minutes per batch.
- Transfer short ribs to a plate. Keep about 3 Tbsp. drippings inside Dutch oven. Can use a little more.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and cook over medium-high heat cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stirring often, until onions are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring constantly, until well combined and deep red, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook off alcohol. - Add the beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Add all herbs and garlic and some more salt if needed to sauce. - Add short ribs with any accumulated juices to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil;
- Cover Dutch oven and put in oven. Cook until short ribs are tender, 2–21/2 hours.
- Transfer short ribs to a platter. - Strain sauce from Dutch oven into a sauce pan.
- Reduce down until it gets a good consistency but not too thick its not a gravy. Sauce should shimmering.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food red wine braised short ribs in reduction sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!