Recipe of Authentic Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine for Dinner Food
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, beef short ribs in red wine. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef short ribs in red wine using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine:
- Make ready 6 Beef Short Ribs, bone-in preferably
- Get 6 garlic cloves
- Take 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Take 3 tbsp peppercorns (freshly crushed)
- Prepare 2 tsp salt
- Make ready 2 tsp paprika
- Take 2 cups red wine, dry
- Prepare 1/2 cup beef broth
- Take 3 sage leaves
- Get 2 rosemary sprigs
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Prepare Chopped parsley, garnish
Steps to make Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine:
- Mix together garlic and tomato paste until garlic is fully incorporated into a thick paste.
- In a large bowl, add ribs (keep the bone in) cover with salt, paprika and freshly crushed peppercorns. I know this seems like a lot of pepper- just trust me :)
- Add paste. Massage ribs with your hands so you can get that garlic/tomato paste evenly distributed
- In a large skillet on medium high, place ribs in, bone side down. Add wine, sage, rosemary and bay leaf.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and cover. Now.. leave it alone for 1 1/2 hrs. Keep heat on your lowest setting.
- After 1 1/2 hrs, flip your ribs over and add beef broth. Cover
- After 30 hr, flip your ribs over. Cook for another 30 minutes or so, basting every 10 or so mins until your beef is literally falling off the bone.
- This whole process should take around 4 hours to get your beef extremely tender.
- At the end, you can raise your heat to high for a few mins uncovered to thicken your sauce if you'd like.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice. Don't forget to garnish with fresh parsley! Enjoy, kids!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food beef short ribs in red wine recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!