Simple Way to Prepare Creative Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine for Diet Food
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, beef short ribs in red wine. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have beef short ribs in red wine using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine:
- Get 4 large Beef Short Ribs
- Take Olive Oil (for frying)
- Take 1 large head of garlic (cut in half horizontally)
- Prepare 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Take 750 ml Bottle of good red wine
- Make ready 1 liter Beef Stock
- Get 150 grams pancetta, cubed
- Make ready 250 grams Chestnut mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- Prepare salt and pepper
- Take roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
Instructions to make Beef Short Ribs in Red Wine:
- Pre-heat your oven to 170° celcius……. you want to cook these ribs low, and slow!
- If your short ribs are still connected, you will need to seperate them, and then generously season them with salt and pepper. Then put a deep sided roasting tray with a good glug of olive oil on top of your hob, and whack it on full power!
- When your oil is screaming hot, add your short ribs to the roasting tray and brown then on all sides. Meanwhile, cut your garlic head in half horizontally, and then add to the roasting tray along with the tomato puree. You will need to cook the puree for around 1 minute, otherwise it will be bitter.
- Pour in the red wine to deglaze the tray, scraping up all of that beefy goodness! Bring to the boil, and cook for around 10-15 minutes until the wine has reduced by half.
- Add the beef stock, to make the liquid level cover the ribs about half way up. Bring to the boil again, and then spoon the liquid over the ribs.
- Cover the roasting tray with tin foil, and cook in the oven for 2½ hours. You will need to baste the ribs every 30 minutes to make sure they absorb all of that winey flavour!
- Around 10 minutes before the rib are done, fry the pancetta in a tiny bit of olive oil for a couple of minutes until it is starting to crisp up, and then add your quartered chestnut mushrooms cooking for 5 minutes.
- Now it is time to take your short ribs out of the oven….. take them out of the roasting tray, set them aside and prepare your amazing sauce!
- You need to remove each garlic clove from the roasting tray and pass them through a fine sieve into a bowl, and then remove any excess fat from the surface of the red wine juices in the tray. The best way to do this is to lay a few pieces of kitchen roll on the top, and it will absorb it all. Then strain the juices through the same sieve that you used for the garlic into the same bowl. If the sauce is too thin, pop it into a pan and reduce for around 10 minutes, until it reaches the right consistency.
- Lay your short ribs onto a serving platter, and scatter the pancetta and mushrooms over the top. The pour over the sauce, which should be the right thickness to coat the back of a spoon.
- Roughly chop your flat leaf parsley, and sprinkle over the top!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food beef short ribs in red wine recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!