How to Make Perfect Braised oxtail in a red wine reduction for Dinner Recipe
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, braised oxtail in a red wine reduction. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Braised oxtail in a red wine reduction is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Braised oxtail in a red wine reduction is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook braised oxtail in a red wine reduction using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Braised oxtail in a red wine reduction:
- Take 3-5 pounds oxtails
- Take 1 cup flour
- Take 1 T pepper
- Take pinch garlic powder
- Make ready pinch onion powder
- Take 1 bottle dry red wine reduced by half
- Prepare 1 quart beef broth
- Take pinch thyme
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Take Couple minced garlic
- Make ready 1 onion
- Take 3 carrots
- Get 3 celery
- Take 2 leeks
- Prepare handful parsley
- Get dash oregano
Steps to make Braised oxtail in a red wine reduction:
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dredge the oxtails in the flour.
- Seat the meat on both sides and make sure you get a nice browning, this is developing the flavor…
- Combine the veggies and sauté until soft. Add the spices and simmer until fragrant.
- Pour in the wine and broth. Cover and place in 325 oven for 3 to 4 hours until meat is falling off the bone.
- When finished, take the oxtails out and strain the liquid into another pan. Reduce the liquid until it thickens. Pour over the oxtail. I like to serve it over polenta and top with fresh grated Parmesan.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food braised oxtail in a red wine reduction recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!